


After we got back from our camping trip, I hit the local fruit stands for peaches, pears, apples, and other yummy goodies. This particular fruit stand is fun for the boys because they have a little wood car for the boys to play on. The fruit looked so good and was a great deal, so I ended up canning peaches, pears, applesauce, peach/raspberry jam, carrots and tomatoes from our garden, and earlier in the year I canned apricot jam. I'm about canned out, but my shelves are full of healthy home-canned food. Yum!!! I like to home can for a couple of reasons:
1. It's very rewarding. It is a lot of work, but when I'm done I can look at those pretty jars on the shelf with a sense of accomplishment. "I did that!"
2. I know exactly what is going into my food- I can control the amount of sugar and salt, so I know my food is generally healthier than what you can buy in the store
3. It tastes soooo much better than anything in the store.


No comments:
Post a Comment