Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ward Christmas Party

This year Randall and I were asked to do the nativity for our ward Christmas party. Little did I know this would actually entail not only being the actors, but also being in charge of the entire program! It all worked out in the end...



Randall was Joseph, I was Mary, Cooper and Carson were shepherds, and Lainee was the cutest little baby Jesus you've ever seen! We enlisted a few other children in our ward to be the inn keeper, angels and wisemen, and had an older gentleman in our ward be the narrator.


Randall also sang a song and played his guitar ("Belleau Wood"). He did a wonderful job. To round out the program we had a 1st Presidency Christmas message from the Children's Friend reading, the primary children sang "Away in a Manger," and a couple girls in our ward sang "Silent Night." I think it all turned out rather nicely, if I do say so myself ;)



After the program was over, Santa Claus made a special appearance. Lainee didn't like sitting on Mrs. Claus's lap.

No comments: