Sunday, April 10, 2011

In the bishopric

A litte over a month ago, on March 6, 2011, Randall was put in our ward Bishopric. He is once again, the 2nd counselor (the same calling he had in Star Valley, Wyoming before we moved here- proof you can't run away from your church callings, ha ha!)

A few weeks prior, I had been told that the former Bishopric was going to be released sometime in March. As soon as I heard, I immediately knew that Randall would be a part of the new Bishopric. So when the Stake President asked to meet with Randall & I, I wasn't really surprised. In fact, I even laughed a little. Not because I thought it was funny in any way, but because I knew this day would come. I cried when Randall was put in the Bishopric in Wyoming- I think laughter was a better response- but keep in mind I was pregant with Carson last time- highly emotional!

Anyway- today was the first Sunday I had to sit with all 4 kids alone in Sacrament Meeting. The first two weeks I was out of town for Kiana's wedding, then we blessed Ashlin so we had family here, then we had General Conference. I was somewhat dreading today, but the kids behaved very well and we managed to make it through the whole meeting without going out into the hall for behavior issues. It also helped that Ashlin slept through the entire meeting!

I know this calling will be challenging for both Randall and I, but I also have faith that we will be blessed for our service. Randall has a very time consuming and demanding job already, but I know that somehow everything will work out. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life!


One good thing about getting called to the Bishopric- Grandma & Grandpa Raymond and Kade & Amy came for the day!

No comments: