Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ray Meyers Memorial 10K


Cooper's school sponsored a 5K/10K walk/run last Friday.  It was a fundraiser for the school, and I thought it was a great way to get the community involved.  They kicked off the day by having Lori Otter (the governor's wife) come speak, then they had the race.  The race gave the kids some incentive to be physically active so they were ready for the 5k/10k--- whichever they chose to do.  I intended to run the 10K, but they were having a health fair at the finish line and asked if I would participate in that, so I walked the 5k with Cooper.  Randall even took the morning off to come walk with us.  We put Carson and Lainee in the double jogger, and I carried Ashlin in the infant pack.  Cooper and his little kindergarten friends ran quite a bit of the 5k.  I was very impressed!
Cooper and some of his friends reading a book after the race
Carson and Lainee trying on some gloves at the health fair
Ashlin chillin' in the shade underneath my health fair booth.  Isn't she soooo cute!!!

No comments: