Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Cooper!

Aaahhhh! I can't believe I have a 6 year old! Where does the time go? Yesterday was Cooper's birthday. He started off the day with a piano lesson. Certainly not his choice, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! After piano we got to work on his birthday cake- a back hoe/loader cake.

Randall took half the day off of work so we could go fishing. For weeks now Cooper has been asking if we could go fishing for his birthday. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate very well and it was horribly windy. We didn't catch anything, but we had fun anyway.

Randall had to drop off his company pickup at the dealership to get worked on, so we decided we'd go out to eat for a birthday dinner at Wingers. We had a fabulous waitress and she made the evening really fun for Cooper. She brought each of the kids a helium balloon and all the waitresses came and sang happy birthday complete with a family-sized serving of ice cream cake. Yum!
The birthday cake
Cooper was a bit jealous of Carson's basketball, so we decided Cooper needed his own (actually- I bought them at the same time, Cooper just had to wait a month longer than Carson :)
Opening another present - a fishing tackle box to go fishing!
Try to ignore the drool on the pillow, but I just had to take a picture of this.  He took his new basketball to bed and was sleeping with it.  It looks like he has a pregnant belly!

Carson fishing
Cooper fishing
Lainee fishing
And look!  Ashlin and I were there, too!
Terrible picture, but here we are together at Wingers

No comments: