Thursday, August 18, 2011

A trip to Grandma's

While Randall was in China for work, the kids and I ventured over to stay with my mom and dad. The kids had fun playing with cousins and aunt Shalani, and it made the time pass quickly. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, because Randall took my little camera with him, and I forgot to take our other camera.

Some fun things we did while we were there:
Visited my friend Emily and her kids
Went to the zoo for cousin Abby's birthday
Played with all the Raymond cousins at Jera's house
Went to the Terreton fair parade and Abby's birthday party
Picked raspberries at Great-grandma Wilcox's house and met her "new pet"- 'Henny Penny'
Ok. I have to explain that last one. My grandma is 90 years old, and she looks amazing! She still gets out and about, takes care of her garden, etc. Anyway, a chicken randomly took up residence at her house. She says she doesn't like it 'cause it makes a mess in her garage, but she lets it follow her around the yard and calls for it, "Come here Henny Penny." It's pretty funny. She has been adamate that she doesn't want a dog or cat to keep her company, so everyone teases her that she has a pet chicken now.

While we were picking raspberries Cooper said, "Mom, these raspberries need to shave, because they have whiskers." I couldn't stop laughing!

Anyway, we had a fun week and I'm glad we were able to see so many of our family and friends during our visit!

No comments: