Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter 2013!

Easter this year was on March 31... my birthday!  This is the 2nd time in my life Easter has fallen on my birthday.  The first was in 1991 when I was 9 years old.  It makes for a pretty special day!  I looked it up and the next time Easter will be on my birthday is in 2024 and 2086.  So, unless i live to be 104, it will only happen once more in my lifetime.  Since it was also 5th Sunday at church, Randall was home for an extra hour and helped get the kids ready for church.  It's so nice to have some help on Sunday mornings!  As a result, we were ready for church early and had a chance to snap a few pictures.


 
I am truly blessed to have such a beautiful family.  The day was absolutely gorgeous.  A balmy 73 degrees, sunny and NO wind!  We went for a walk/bike ride, visited with neighbors and enjoyed spending time together as a family.  It was a terrific end to the kids' spring break week! 
I am truly grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and the sacrifice he made for me, my family, and all mankind. Because of his ultimate sacrifice, I can enjoy my family for all eternity!
 
We took the kids to the Easter Egg Hunt in Grand View on Saturday. I was helping the girls, so they are the only ones I was able to get pictures of. They all had fun, and after it was over they handed out chocolate milk and toothbrushes.
 
 

 

1 comment:

brett said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!
What in the world has happened? Your kids look SO grown up! I don't like it, although they are SUPER cute!
We miss you guys.