This post is going to be pictureless (is that even a word?), but a couple cute/funny things have happened the last few days and I want to write them down.
Last week the boys (Cooper and Carson) were out feeding the calves and they needed help with something. I went out to help them, then decided to water my flowers before coming back in. Lainee and Ashlin were supposed to be getting dressed for the day. When I came back in I came in the front door. I could here Ashlin talking from a distance, but didn't know where she was. Little did I know, she had gone out the back door looking for me. When I finally found her she was coming back into the garage. She had taken off her pajamas and diaper, then put on her pink cowboy boots and gone outside- completely naked! I just laughed when I saw her. She kept saying ouch and scratching her belly. We have really bad mosquitos in the morning, and she had bites all over her bare bum and belly. I told her, "Ashlin, you can't go outside naked!" She replied, "But I was looking for you mommy!" I wish I had taken a picture, but she was so itchy I just hurried to find something to put on her bites.
A few days ago I woke up and decided to enjoy the quiet house while the kids were still sleeping. Randall was already gone to work, so I stayed in bed and read for a while. I heard Cooper wake up; he came into my room, crawled in bed with me and snuggled up. As he was laying there I couldn't help but smile and think to myself... I am so grateful for this moment. Cooper is 8 years old and I don't know how much longer he will want to snuggle up to his mom. The doctor made a comment about 3rd graders (the grade Cooper is going into) starting to turn their attention more toward their friends than their families. It made me sad, and more aware that I need to spend as much quality time with my children as possible.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment