Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cooper's 1st day of Preschool!




A girl in my ward told me about a preschool they offer at the local elementary school here. I was a bit skeptical at first, mostly because I am a bit skeptical of the public school system here in this town in general, but then I found out that a lady in our church ward teaches the class. I happen to really like this woman; she is great with kids and she has a great family. Her husband works with Randall so we've been invited to their home in the past and been able to interact with them a bit.

I also thought that it would be a good opportunity for Cooper to interact with and play with some other children his age--something he has seriously lacked since our move here.

So... Cooper had attended his 1st day of preschool on September 2, 2008. I stayed for about 1 1/2 hours of the 3 hour class before leaving to let Carson have a quick nap at home. Cooper had a great time, and I'm not sure why I was so nervous. I guess the nervousness kind of goes without saying when you let your first child be placed in the care of someone else for several hours on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Heather Carringer Lemon said...

Thanks for calling me the "girl" not "lady" in your ward. I'm glad you like our school, I still have my issues like my kids being picked up for the bus at 7am! But I think I have that one solved. Who knows I may even end up being your bus driver come next year since yours is retiring. ;)