Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lainee Sue Raymond

Our baby girl is finally here! She arrived at the latest hour of the day- 11:54 pm on Thursday, February 12, 2009. We barely made it to the hospital in time. The hospital is an hour away (going the speed limit) and even with Randall driving 90 miles an hour we were only at the hospital for 16 minutes before Lainee made her appearance. Yes, that meant absolutely no epidural or pain killers of ANY kind. Luckily the Dr. on call only lived a few minutes from the hospital (the closest of any of the doctors in the office I go to). I knew when we arrived at the hospital that I was gettting close, but the look on the nurses' faces when they wheeled me up to labor and delivery sent me into panic mode. They knew more than I did just by looking at me that they only had a few minutes before a baby would be born.

We all survived, and Lainee is the most beautiful baby girl! She weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.

We're all home now, happy and healthy. Cooper and Carson have been wonderful big brothers; they are very concerned about their baby sister and always let me know when she is crying or waking up. We feel so blessed to have three beautiful children in our family; they bring so much joy to our lives!








Some significant details about her name:
Lainee- for my uncle Lane who was died after being struck by a car when we were both 8 years old. He was my best friend. The spelling is also significant- we spelled it this way for my Grandma Afton Elaine Wilcox (take the 'e' off the front and put it at the end).
Sue- for my mom, Kerry Sue.

11 comments:

Adriann said...

she is a DOLL!
She has your dark hair too.
can't wait to see you! - and baby

Heather Carringer Lemon said...

How cute you guys! We are so excited to see her tonight and bring you dinner. So happy to hear that everything went well and Melissa and Lainee are both well.

Love ya Darrell and Heather and girls!

Leticia said...

She is beautiful, not that she could be anything but beautiful! Tell Randall that I love the blue bow that he picked too :)

Melissa said...

She is so beautiful- Congratulations and way to go without any drugs. We love you guys and miss you tons!

The Becks said...

Wow... I didn't know you had to super woman the whole thing without painkillers. You are now my hero. Glad you made it through. She really is a dolly and we can hardly wait to meet her.

The Schwecke Family said...

What an adventure! But at least you made it-barely! Everyones dream birth-nice and short! But no pain killers? That's crazy to me! But what could you do! Definitely a story worth telling! Congratulatons! I am glad that she is here safe and sound. By the way I love her name. P.S. Let me know how it is with 3 little ones in a month or two! Talk to you all soon. Miss you all....

KevDebKlan said...

She is so cute. She looks just like the boys to me only more feminine. Congrats. We will be in Utah this summer. Hopefully we can work it out to see you.

Mike Hansen said...

She is so pretty. We can't wait to see you guys.

Roxanne said...

Congratulations! I got an adrenalin rush just reading about your adventure. I can't imagine what you had. She is beautiful. Your family looks so happy and I love that! have fun!

Russell & Jammie said...

You have beautiful children!!!!! I a really looking forward meeting you and your children. This will be a really fun photo shoot!! Thanks for sending me your blog. I will be contacting you soon. March 26th will be hard because I have a wedding that week. But we will figure another time out. I am looking forward to it!

Natalie said...

I am ready for some new pics of Lainee!