The past couple of weeks I have been having a fair number of contractions. My doctor said I'm dilated further than she feels comfortable with for my due date, so she has advised me to "take it easy." I'm not sure how that is humanly possible when you already have 3 little kids, but whatever. So, I'm just over 35 weeks along now, and am starting to feel like I just can't take much more. I've been desperately trying to prepare everything for the arrival of our baby girl, while trying NOT to "overdue it." (Isn't that like an oxymoron?)
Today I was putting the cover back on our infant car seat after washing it. Carson was 'helping' me, and began asking questions about the baby. Our conversation went something like this:
Carson: Mom, why do you need that extra thing in the baby's chair? (I was adding the extra head support in the carseat.)
Me: Because the baby will be really little when she's born, and she won't be able to hold her head up, so this will help her be more comfortable.
Carson: Oh, ok... Well, does the baby have any clothes on?
Me: What do you mean?
Carson: Does the baby have any clothes on in your tummy?
Me: (Trying not to laugh) No, the baby doesn't have clothes on.
Carson: Well, she needs some clothes, and we don't have any clothes for her!
Me: I have some clothes for her, and we'll put them on her after she's born. (I then showed him some the of the pajamas I have ready for her).
Carson: Oh! Those are really little! But if the baby is that little, why is your belly so big?
Me: (Again, trying not to laugh) Well, even though the baby is really little, she still takes up lots of room in my belly.
Carson: Hmmmm...
Aren't kids the greatest! I just love their honesty!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love it! We have had similar conversations. Most of them start like this, "WOW! MOM, your tummy is getting SO big"!
What will they say when I am 9 months along?
I know it is hard to take it easy but PLEASE do it! You do not want to have to spend time in the NICU.
Post a Comment