The hair I could gather up off the carpet.
Friday morning Carson did the unthinkable. He cut Lainee's hair. They were playing so well together while Cooper was at school. And there wasn't even that quiet moment where you know that the kids are up to something no good. Lainee started crying and came running in the living room to find me. She was holding one of her socks, so I just thought she needed help putting it back on. Then I looked at her hair. I had it pulled back in a ponytail, and at first gland it looked like she had caught her hair on something and pulled part of it out of the ponytail. When I asked her what happened to her hair she said through her tears... "Sarson, cut hair."
What!!!??? What happened next was not pretty. (I blame part of that on the fact that I am 9 months pregnant and oh so ready to have this baby!) I totally lost it and started yelling for Carson to come explain himself. He had no rhyme or reason as to why he cut her hair. All he could say was "I don't know why I did it." I was so upset I had to call Randall. I told him he needed to come home right away, because I was so upset with a certain 3 year old boy that I had scared him. Thankfully Randall was close by and was home within a matter of minutes.
Carson cut quite a bit of Lainee's hair- all of it on top, and pretty much to the scalp. There's absolutely nothing I can do to fix it. All I can do is wait for it to grow back. Uggghhh. What's even worse is that Carson really has no concept of how long its going to take to grow back and look decent. When Cooper came home and saw Lainee's hair he said, "Carson, I'm mad at you for cutting Lainee's hair, cause now it doesn't look pretty." Carson replied with, "Well, I'm mad at mom 'cause she yelled at me." Seriously, I think that's the only thing he feels bad about- that I was mad at him. Double uggghhh.
The damamge. It's hard to see in this picture, but he pretty much cut everything in front right down to the scalp.
Carson telling Lainee he's sorry. Lainee had such a sad face until Randall got out the camera. She loves to smile for the camera!


No comments:
Post a Comment