I had high hopes of making this day a fun and memorable one. It was fun, and memorable, but not quite in the way I had originally planned.
I made heart shaped raspberry pancakes for breakfast. While Cooper was at school, Carson, Lainee and I (Ashlin was napping) made heart shaped crayons out of our old broken crayons. So fun!!!
Randall gave me some flowers, and also gave Lainee and Ashlin their own flowers. Lainee was grinning from ear to ear! I think my girls definitely have their Dad wrapped around their little fingers!
For dinner I made heart-shaped finger jello to go along with our baked potatoes, stroganoff, cheesy cauliflower, green salad, and cran-apple juice.
Unfortunately, just as I was getting the table set there was a deadly car crash just a mile from our home. Randall was asked to come help, because there were a couple of dogs trapped inside the vehicle. The kids and I ate by ourselves as we watched about a dozed emergency vehicles converge on the scene. After dinner we read books and snuggled on the couch, and then I sent them to bed. Randall arrived home just as I was tucking them in.
So, not the Valentine's evening I had imagined, but I find myself counting my blessings and being grateful for my wonderful husband and 4 beautiful children. I truly am blessed!
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment