Thursday, March 15, 2012

Snowy President's Day Ride


For days leading up to President's Day we had planned on going on a horse ride with some friends. When President's Day finally arrived, we realized the weather was not cooperating. So, we changed our destination, but not the activity.

If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have found a babysitter for Ashlin. She enjoyed the first hour of the ride, but after that she became cold and tired. Needless to say, the first half of the ride was more pleasant than the first. Lainee got cold and tired as well, and I had to get off and walk with her for a bit to wake her up for fear of her falling asleep and falling right off the horse! The boys each took a minor tumble, but all three of the older kids (Cooper, Carson and Lainee) said they enjoyed themselves despite the cold and snow and speak our snowy horse ride frequently.

No comments: