It's hard to believe that my baby girl is a year and a half old! She seems to be growing leaps and bounds. I haven't decided if that's because she's trying to keep up with her older brothers and sister, or trying to get away from them! At any rate, she's growing up way too fast.
Here are some things we love about Ashlin at this age:
*She is beginning to talk up a storm! And I don't mean just a few words here and there, lots of words and even sentences! When I took her in for her 18 month check-up, the Dr. asked me if she was starting to say a few words. I laughed and told him some if the things she was saying. He replied, "Well, she is a bit advanced with her speech then isn't she!" She reminds me of my little sisters. The were talking in sentences by this age as well.
*If she can't see me, she runs around the house yelling, "Mommy! Wer aaaaarr you?" (Where are you?)
*She loves to play "princess" dress up with Lainee. Lainee will put on one of her princess dresses, put a tutu on Ashlin, them they will walk around the house holding hands and play with their toy kitchen.
*She loves to snuggle up in her crib with her little "baby" (doll) and her pink fleece blanket with the satin edge.
*She loves her bed! She goes down for naps and bedtime so easily. She usually goes right to sleep, but every once in a while she'll just lay in there and play with and talk to her baby and stuffed animals. Sometimes I think she just wants a break and a safe place where her siblings can't torture her!
*She gives the best hugs! If you ask her to squeeze you tight, she will put her little arms around your neck and squeeze. I love it!
*She is AWESOME at picking up trash and putting it in the garbage. I wish the other kids would do a little better in that department!
*Sometimes I let Lainee and Ashlin watch Dora so I can get a few things done without being interrupted. Ashlin now calls Dora "backpack." ('cause on the show they sing, "backpack, backpack.")
And there you have it... a few things that we love about our little Ashlin.
Friday, August 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment