Thursday, January 7, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

Cooper has been saying some pretty funny stuff lately. I'm trying to make more of an effort to record them, because Cooper constantly reminds me that he is turning 5 this year and asks me if I am going to be sad that he'll be 5 and going to kindergarten. Of course, I say yes, I am sad. My kids are growing up... I know that my time with my little kids at home is limited :(

You can certainly tell that my boys are the sons of a veterinarian. Cooper has a little vet kit that he received for his birthday from his aunts several years ago. He loves playing with it- it has a little stethoscope and a syringe, among other things. Well, we decided to get Carson something similar for Christmas. The day after Christmas Cooper and Carson were of course playing veterinarian. They each had a stuffed animal and were giving them an exam- checking their heart beat, etc. A little while later I looked into the room and Carson was lying on the floor being examined by Cooper. Doctor, veterinarian, it's all the same...




When we were visiting our family for Thanksgiving Cooper was playing with his cousin, Klayton. They were driving trucks around with stuffed animals in the truck. Cooper said to Klayton, "pull over so I can get out my vet box. That cat needs a shot!"

Last week I asked them to pick up their toys before dinner. I could hear them working away while I was in the kitchen, then I overheard Cooper say, "We're gonna work our tails off someday just like daddy!"

On Monday we were having a brief family home evening. We read a story and we were talking about faith. I was trying to explain to Cooper and Carson even though we can't see Heavenly Father or hear him talk to us like we talk to each other, to have faith means that we know he is there still. Cooper said, "Well, mom, how does Heavenly Father hear and see us? He must have ate a LOT of vegetables!"
Oh my! Can you tell I've been encouraging them to eat their fruits and vegetables?!

No comments: