Last week we took a long anticipated trip to Southern California. We were looking forward to spending time with good friends, going to Disneyland, and basking in some warm sunshine. We enjoyed all but the sunshine. Unfortunately, we arrived just as a monsoon parked itself over Southern California. Apparently they haven't seen rain like that in the last 10-15 years, and we were 'lucky' enough to witness it first hand.It rained EVERY SINGLE DAY! And I'm not talking little spring showers, I'm talking, POURING rain! On the bright side, Disneyland was practically deserted, and we were able to go on all the rides and see all the attractions, many of them multiple times. Splash Mountain and Buzz Light Year were a couple of favorites; I think we did those at least 10 times. Pretty cool! Yes, we did get really wet, but all-in-all we had a wonderful family vacation. Full of memories to last a lifetime!
We were able to hang out with Mitch and Rachel Neibaur and their family, meet up with our good friends, the Remunds (Brett, Natalie, Madisen & Saige), whom we haven't seen in a couple years. We also made some new friends :). We attended a Washington State baskeball game in LA (Go Cougs!) and managed a quick trip to the beach on the way to the airport on Saturday morning. Saturday just happened to be the only sunny day all week, just in time to pack up and leave. How ironic!
We took the kids to a character breakfast one morning, which they loved! They had the full attention of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto and Stitch for about 30 minutes! Poor Lainee, she slept most of the breakfast- it was naptime- thank goodness for a comfy stroller. And thank goodness for a stroller rain cover- that was $10 VERY well spent!







At the b-ball game













2 comments:
It looks like you had so much fun on your trip!!! I'm glad the rain didn't slow you down too much. We're in southern az and it's rained so much and even snowed one day! Cute pics, cute fam!!!
I'm SO jealous! I love Disneyland and it looks like your cute family does to!
Post a Comment