Last night (while our internet was down) I was privileged to overhear a conversation. I just had to write it down, it was so darn funny. So- without further adeau, I give you my two crazy boys, unedited.
As I sit here typing this, I am listening to my two little boys talking to each other in their room. They are both in bed, and they should be sleeping, but alas, after the naps they had this afternoon, they are not asleep.
They are talking about the upcoming school year. Cooper will be attending kindergarten, and Carson will be old enough for the 3-year old preschool class.
Cooper: We both get to go to school next year.
Carson: Ya! And I can go to your class!
Cooper: No, I’ll be in kindergarten and you’ll be in my old class with Mrs. Draper and Ms. Davis and you’ll get teached a lot of stuff. You’ll see me on the way to lunch though, and you can sit by me. Cause our tables are by each other. You’ll always be my little brother at lunch. You’re going to have some friends soon when you go to school. You already know all my friends, so you’ll have to tell me who your friends are, cause I don’t know them yet.
Carson: Ya!!! …………. Hey Cooper, Mommy likes cars and daddy likes pickups……………… We love Rooster, huh Cooper.
Cooper: Ya, but Rooster got ranned over. And after school I wanted to throw a Frisbee for Rooster and play with him. But now I can’t.
Carson: Ya, poor Rooster
Cooper: Ya, it’s sad for Rooster that he got ran over. I wanna go when Daddy x-rays Rooster at the clinic.
Carson: I wanna go too.
Cooper: Well you can go with him sometime, but not when we go to xray rooster at the clinic, cause you got to go last time. And I can take the gray car seat. But I’ll give it back. It might take a hundred years to give it back, though.
Carson: But it’s my seat so you have to share it with me.
Cooper: It will take a hundred years and then we get to go to Jesus’ house! We’ll go up, up, up, up in the sky and you’ll never get to go with daddy again.
Carson: But I wanna go with daddy again! (crying)
Cooper: But Carson, you already got to go with daddy for like 100 years and another 100 years and then we get to go to heaven and see Jesus. And we can hear him better.
Carson: Are we gonna go up? Oh!
Cooper: And we get to go in an airplane. Up, up, up into outer space- in a space ship! Up into outer space so we can find Jesus. Carson, can you let me go to sleep now? Cause I have school in the morning. Can you look at that clock? The hands on the clock are the fingers.
Carson: The fingers? Oh! But, look, there’s something scary on that clock.
Cooper: No, it’s just a horse.
Carson: No, I see something scary and I don’t like it! (crying)
Cooper: Mom, can you tell Carson to be quite so I can go to sleep?
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Haha LOVE it :) what cute little boys
That's so cute!!! Kids are so funny. :)
and this is why I make my boys share a room:)
I love it. I can't wait to hear what kind of conversations Lily and Ransom will have.
Post a Comment