Sunday, May 23, 2010

T-ball



Some days were colder than others!













We just finished up Cooper's first T-ball season. He had a blast! A few months ago they started talking about spring baseball. I knew that the age limit was 8-12, so I asked the girl in charge (who happens to be a friend of mine) if they'd ever done t-ball. She said not recently, and that it was too big of a hassle so they weren't doing it. I decided if you want something done (and if I want my kids to be able to participate in any activities around here), sometimes you have to do it yourself. So, I opened my big mouth and told her I'd do T-ball if she'd include them in the league.

So, that's how I became the T-ball lady and the coach. I didn't really think we'd get very many kids. Enough to have a team, hopefully. But by the time we'd had couple practices I had 18 kids signed up! That was great because then I could just divide them up into 2 teams and they could play each other. The only bad part was, I was the ONLY coach. Thankfully I had a few parents who helped here and there, and we got through it. Randall helped a lot when he was in town. There were 2 weeks in the middle of the season that he was out of town working. The kids all had a good time and really improved over the course of the season (which was only 5 weeks- 5 games).

Cooper really loved learning how to play and was sad when it was over. I must admit, I was a bit relieved when it was over, but I was glad I was able to give Cooper this opportunity. There really aren't very many things in our little Grand View community for my young children to be involved in.

No comments: