Me on Mother's Day
Carson
Cooper- I'm not sure why he always has to make a funny face.
Daddy & Lainee
Randall & I both had to speak in church today. I told Bishop Fowers that it wasn't fair to make a mother speak on Mother's Day, especially when I was already in charge of the Primary musical numer for the day. Plus, this was the 3rd time we've spoke in Sacrament Meeting in just a little over two years that we've lived here. The Primary sang 2 songs today: "I Often Go Walking" and "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me." The kids did a good job, but I think they sang a bit better in the Primary room.
Anyway, our talks went well. As I was pondering about what to include in my talk, I couldn't help but reflect on the amazing examples of mothers I have in my life- my own mom, my mother-in-law, my grandmas, and some wonderful sisters-in-law and friends. Now that I myself am a mother and have had a few years to experience what being a mother is all about, I am ever so grateful for those who have taught me and helped me become the mother I am today. I know I have a lot of areas to improve upon, but I hope I am raising happy self-sufficient children. My family is my joy, and without them life really has no meaning. I also spoke about the importance of motherhood, and how all women can me a mother regardless of their age or marital status.
Here is a quote that I really like:
"Motherhood and homemaking is surely, in reality, the most important work in the world. What do ships, railways, mines, cars, government etc. exist for except that people may be fed, warmed and safe in their own homes?... The homemaker's job is the one for which all others exist." C.S. Lewis
Cooper's holding the sunflower he planted for me for Mother's Day. It was a preschool project!
Me and my two little boys!
All in all, it was a great Mother's Day! I'm so happy to have 3 beautiful healthy children. I'm grateful to be able to stay at home with them and teach them. I'm thankful for a supportive husband who loves me and allows me to stay home with our kids, yet encouraged me to complete my education and continues to encourage me to use my education and pursue my dreams. I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the knowledge that I have of eternal families. I can't imagine not being able to spend eternity with my precious children and oh-so-handsome husband!


No comments:
Post a Comment