Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Saving up for the big reward


Way back in February Cooper saw a Mac truck (from Disney's Cars) at Walmart that he really wanted. The price tag was $19.97. At the time both he and Carson had a couple of dollars and were picking a small matchbox car to buy with their own money. So, I gave Cooper a choice... he could pick out something that cost less and buy it then, or he could save up his money until he had enough for the Mac truck. He's been saving his money ever since.

I was so proud of his decision to put off instant gratification in exchange for something that he really wanted. It may have taken him a really long time to earn $20 dollars, (I guess I don't pay very well) but I think the reward was well worth the wait. It was so fun to watch him go pick up that Mac truck off the shelf and proudly carry it to the register. I'm sure the cashier wanted to run and hide when she saw that jar full of change, though!

No comments: