Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to Rancho

Randall had to spend a week away from home working at some various ranches. I pulled Cooper out of school for a day and we headed over to Rancho Grande, Nevada to hang out with Randall and our friends the Knights. The kids love playing together, I enjoy the adult conversation, and to be completely honest, I was tired of being a single parent here at home alone.

We drove the pickup so we could take Rooster with us. This is a decision I am very grateful to have made; little did we know that it would be the last weekend we'd be able to spend with our family dog. I'm glad that his final days were spent enjoying the companionship of his family as well as other dogs. He was carefree and roamed wide open spaces. I will forever remember seeing him in the mirror as I was driving, his head leaning over the side of the pickup taking in the wind and view from our drive.

And on that sentimental note, we had a great couple of days together as a family.

While I was helping Sariah with dinner one afternoon, I looked out the window to see these 4. Cooper and Carson had paired up with Sophie and Saylor and were walking up the hillside. They played together the whole time we were there, but I thought it was cute how they were all holding hands. Arranged marriages anyone?

No comments: