Monday, October 4, 2010

Relaxing General Conference Sunday

This past weekend was General Conference for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is held twice a year- the first weekend of both April and October. I always look forward to the oppportunity to hear counsel and words of wisdom from our beloved prophet, as well as the other apostles and general authorities of our church.

Members of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring, Deiter F. Uchtdorf

While we were getting the kids ready for bed last night, Randall and I couldn't help but be grateful for the very relaxing day we had. We stayed home all day and just enjoyed being together as a family- ALL DAY! Its been a LONG time since we've been able to do that. We had a nice breakfast together as a family, snuggled up on the couch and watched the morning session of conference, we had lunch, took naps, watched the afternoon session, made yummy cinnamon rolls (I don't think I've made cinnamon rolls in 2 years!) read stories, etc. It heavenly!

Can we have General Conference every month?!

No comments: