Friday, October 1, 2010

It's (gonna be) a girl!


We had the "official" ultrasound at the Dr's office this week. I say "official", because Randall actually did an ultrasound with his machine a couple of weeks ago, and made his prediction that our new little baby would be a girl. Of course, Cooper and Carson have been saying we were having another girl all along. Anyway, the ultrasound tech concurred. In fact, when the tech asked the the boys if they wanted to know if the baby was a boy or a girl they replied with, "We already know what it is, its a girl!" Too funny!

We are all excited to have another girl. Lainee definitely needs a little sister, and I'm so excited with how things have worked out for our little family. Cooper and Carson are a little less than 2 years apart and are the best of buds most of the time. Lainee will be just about 2 years older than her little sister. Neither Randall nor I had that growing up. Randall is 7 years older than his brother, and I am 9 years older than my sister. We're close now, but I always longed for a sister closer in age as I was growing up.

Now to come up with a name... good thing we have a few more months to figure that one out! I'm due February 9th, so I'm just a little over 21 weeks now and on the downhill side of things. Yahoo!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations Melissa! That certainly is exciting news. I hope everything is going well for you and your family. Let me know if you're ever in Salt Lake City, it would be so fun to see you guys, I think it has been way too long! :)

Jacob and Cami said...

How wonderful! I want a house full of boys, but defintely think Lily needs a sister at some point.

Hilton Cowboys said...

what great news! I have been thinking a lot about you guys lately and hope you are all happy and well! Im a little sad knowing that my little Harlie wont have a sister- but I know she is very blessed to have three big brothers that love her to pieces!!!! we take them as they come, dont we?

Emily said...

You can tell Cami grew up in a house of girls. Congrats on having another girl, even out the numbers, I am slightly out nunbered. It is great to have siblings close.