Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My little boy is 7!

June 1st was Cooper's 7th birthday. Cooper will be the first to tell you that he is no longer a little boy. I am quick to reply that he will ALWAYS be MY little boy!

(Cooper requested German pancakes for breakfast- his favorite!)
Even still, I can't believe that he is 7! He is growing up so fast! He'll be in 2nd grade this fall, and I swear he's grown an inch just in the last month! He's still taking piano (although he's not very happy that I am making him take lessons through the summer). He's getting quite good and is playing some songs with both hands now. He just finished up baseball- his first year with the pitching machine. It took him some time to adjust--- it's a big jump from T-ball to pitching machine--- but he did great. His last game he hit every time he came up to bat. It was soooo fun to watch, because his whole team played really well that day.


So, I guess it comes as not suprise that he requested a baseball cake. I was more than happy to oblige. A baseball cake was WAY easier than the loader cake he requested last year! Grandma and Grandpa Raymond even came over to celebrate with us. The kids all loved that! We got the kids a basketball hoop, and Jerald agreed to help us set it up. Thank you!!! I've done a lot of the physical labor around here lately due to Randall's injury, and it would have taken Randall and I days to put that up by ourselves.

Here are a few reasons why we love you Cooper!
1. You are our first. After you were born, your Dad and I wondered what we used to do with ourselves before we had a child. You are so much fun!
2. You are a wonderful big brother. Your brother and sisters all miss you while you're gone and they frequently argue about who gets to sit by you.
3. You are a good student and an awesome reader. You received the Student of the Month award this year and you were so excited!
4. You are a great friend. You get along with everyone and it seems everyone wants to be your friend. One of my favorite things is when I take you in late to school and everyone in your class yells "Cooper!" and comes to greet you. It's so fun!
5. You love to go to work with Dad and help him. When it's something you want to do, you are a hard worker!
6. You are a good artist and love to draw and write notes.
7. You give amazing hugs!


We love you Cooper!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Cooper from Madi and Saige! I remember when you were born and I can't believe it has been 7 years!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new pic on the top of your blog.
Randall-hope your finger is feeling better.
Let's video chat soon.