Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Being a PE Teacher...

Being a PE Teacher for an Elementary School isn't as easy as it looks!  Last spring when our community failed to pass a supplemental levy for our school district, drastic cuts were made.  One of those cuts was elementary PE.  Being the health and nutrition-minded mother that I am, I volunteered to fill in until other arrangements could be made.

At the time, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into.  I taught the younger 3 grades PE twice per week for the last month and a half of school last spring, then when this school year started, my volunteer position evolved into teaching ALL the grades twice per week.  So, I would spend 4 hours of my Wednesday Friday afternoons teaching PE.  And it was exausting!!!  Fortunately we were able to revote on the levy and it passed the 2nd time around.  So a month and a half into the school year, they were able to hire a permanent PE teacher and I have been relieved of my duty in that department.  Now, what am I going to do with my extra 8 hours each week?...

Lainee and Ashlin were my little helpers.  I love this picture of my little girls!

No comments: