Friday, January 15, 2010

Clean as a Whistle

A few days ago, after a long day I was hurriedly trying to get dinner ready. Cooper and Carson were downstairs (in other words- in the playroom next to the kitchen that is separated by a partial wall and 2 stairs) playing and Lainee was content in her high chair enjoying a pre-dinner snack.

All of a sudden I hear scrambling and toys being thrown into boxes. Then I hear Cooper say, "Carson, lets hurry and pick up all our toys before daddy gets home. We need to get this place 'clean as a whistle!'"

I didn't dare show my face for fear they would stop cleaning. About 15 minutes later Cooper and Carson both came into the kitchen and asked that I come see what they did. As I peered down our two little stairs I beheld a SPOTLESS playroom! All the toys had been put away, and in their proper places, no less. Everything was organized and just as I would have done it myself! I was absolutely blown away and amazed. What wonderful children I have! And they actually thought it was fun, because they came up with the idea all on their own!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love hearing the little phrases from kids! Their minds are so amazing! Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear all is well and that the playroom is getting clean too.

Allison said...

That is so cute! I bet it's nice to have help around the house:)