
Last night Randall and I took the kids to see Toy Story 3. They LOVED it! We've been telling Cooper and Carson for months that we would take them to the the theater to see the show, but until last night it never seemed to work out. Toy Story 3 has finally made its way to the cheap theater, so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity. The timing still was not ideal; Randall had to rush home to make it on time and then get up at 4:30 this morning for work, but he was a willing sport.
We've never taken the kids to the theater before, mostly because I've been reluctant to spend the money if all I get to do is hang out in the hall with babies/toddlers who can't be quiet. I knew Cooper and Carson would love the show and do fine, but I was a little worried about Lainee. I needn't have worried. Not only were all 3 of them well-behaved, but I didn't hear a peep out of them! Except of course when they were laughing or saying, "Hey, there's Woody!" Cooper, Carson and Lainee were absolutely enthralled with the movie.
We chose the theater based on some recommendation from friends. We were told it had a very family-friendly atmosphere, they had 'booster seats' for the kids to sit on so they could see better, and for $2 extra we were able to choose 4 food items to snack on. So for $12 dollars, all 5 of us were granted admission and we chose 2 lemonades and 2 small packages of gummy bears. What a steal! Plus, the manager had coloring pages of Buzz Lightyear available, and if the kids colored them they could turn them in for a pack of Toy Story trading cards. Very cool! We all loved the movie, even Randall and I. I'm excited for it to come out on DVD next month so we can watch it again.
So, I think our first family outing to the movie was undeniably a success. In fact, I think we may try to do it more often!
Sorry for the lack of pictures. I had good intentions of snapping some pics of my kids' 1st experience at the theater; I even remembered to pack the camera. Unfortunately, the camera never made it out of my bag. Oh well.


2 comments:
You have no idea how lucky you are. Tickets here are $12 each! We NEVER go to the movie-we are too cheap!
We took the boys to see it in Canada, Matthew was free but for the 3 of us and popcorn it was $50.75 not a typo. That was the only movie we went to as a family. Im glad you guys had a fun night out.
Post a Comment