Monday, August 2, 2010

2010 Raymond Family Reunion

The Raymond reunion was a bit overcast for me due to the death of my grandma, but we still managed to enjoy the company of family and have a good time.
And just a warning: this post contains A LOT of pictures!

Thursday afternoon was spent slip 'n sliding down the lawn.

Melissa and Lainee

Cooper, Randall, and Lainee

Trent and Cooper

Carson, Randall, Tyler

Randall

Carson

Even Grandma took a turn!

Friday morning we all hiked the Menan Butte. That was a bit more difficult than I remember- probably because the last time I did it I wasn't assisting my small children.

Carson, Melissa, Lainee (on my back) and Cooper

Lainee and Melissa

Cooper, Carson and Trent at the top of the butte

Some of the gang at the top of red rock

Friday after lunch we went to Blacktail reservoir for some boating fun.

Lainee with her life jacket on

Cooper and Maureah on the tube. Cooper LOVES riding on the tube and always wants Grandpa to go faster!

Randall wakeboarding

Melissa on the wakeboard

Lainee and Melissa

Carson and Maureah

Randall with Cooper and Klayton on the tube

Later that evening we had a talent show. That proved to be quite comical! Our little family sang "I Love To See the Temple"- and encore performance since none of our family members were able to hear us sing it in Sacrament Meeting a few months ago. Cooper also sang his alphabet nursery rhymes that he learned in Pre-K. Randall played his guitar and sang "Lula-Bell." Those of you who attended vet school with us should remember that song! Cooper also sang "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" with all his cousins. Everyone was impressed by how well Cooper sings. He knows all the words and really lets his voice be heard. I just love it!

Saturday we all went to the Blue Angels air show in Idaho Falls. That was probably the highlight of the reunion. It was a hot day and no shade in sight, but the kids all loved it! My kids have always had a fascination with planes, and that has only been intensified by living next to a US Airforce base.

Cooper trying to stay hydrated (They specifically stated that you were not to bring in food or drink- not even water- into the air show. But they never checked for anything. Then- they had these jugs with water for you to go fill up your water bottles, but they kept running out of water, and the water lines were horrendous! It was so ridiculous!)

The kids in a helicopter

Cooper shooting the helicopter gun

Lainee and Melissa

The Blue Angels

All 6 Blue Angels flying in formation

Carson eating his Bambino for lunch

This stunt crew was insane! It was a husband and wife team, and the wife climbed up on top of the plane and strapped herself to the top while they were flying around. Talk about crazy! If you look real close you can see her standing up on top of the plane.

Carson taking a snooze on Randall's lap

Lainee asleep in the stroller

We also had a little birthday party and a Dance Revolution party courtesy of Kade and Amy.


Sunday after church we had family pictures. Hopefully a few of them turn out!

Sunday evening was my Grandma Schneiter's viewing. I was shocked by the number of people who came to pay their respects and support the family. My grandma truly was an amazing person who lived a life of service and touched the lives of many people. Monday, July 26 was her funeral. My grandma had planned her funeral our before she passed away, and had requested that her grandchildren and great-grandchildren sing "I Am a Child of God" and "Families Can Be Together Forever." I am the oldest grandchild, only a few years younger than my mom's youngest sister, so I frequently try to wiggle out of what the "grandkids" are doing. But I felt I needed to sing to honor my grandma and so that my kids would go up and sing. But that was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I'm not sure much singing came out of my mouth, but we all did our best, and it was a very spiritual moment for me. I truly felt the spirit testify to me, that as the song says, families are eternal. Yes, families CAN be together forever!

No comments: