Randall and I had a chance to get away for a few days while Randall attended a conference in Napa, California. Fortunately for me, the conference is sponsored by Pfizer, and they invite the wives to come along free of charge. Randall's mom graciously agreed to keep the kids for a few days (Thank you!). It was a much needed break from the stresses of life! They even treated me to a spa treatment! I opted for a 30 minute massage and oxygen facial. It was so relaxing and I felt so pampered! I told Randall I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it nearly as much, though, if I'd been paying for it!
We went on a couple of winery tours, which were very informative and enjoyable despite the fact that we aren't alcohol drinkers. I don't know how many times we declined the wine or had people ask us why we weren't partaking of the free wine. It was a bit awkward at times- we were the only ones on our tour not drinking. We enjoyed some fabulous meals, beautiful scenery, cooler weather, and some alone time together. All in all it was a great trip!
The San Fransisco skyline
Rolling hills planted with grapes
A wine cellar with barrels of wine
Rows of grapes
Wine grapes- they grow them much differently than table grapes. They like to stress them to make better wine, so they water them very little and prune them back a lot- smaller yield= better quality wine (Not that I would know!)
Sitting in front of a rose garden at one of the vineyards
Posing with our friends the Lincolns. Randall works with Creigh- he is a consulting vet for Simplot's Pasco feedlot.
Our tour guide at the first winery we toured. She was amazing and told us a lot about the history of wine making.


No comments:
Post a Comment