Today was Cooper's first day of kindergarten. For weeks now Cooper has been counting down the days 'til the first day of school. I, on the other hand, have been somewhat dreading the day. I didn't want my baby to be old enough to go to kindergarten!
Cooper was so excited to go this morning and didn't have any problems with me leaving him. I suppose it helps that he was familiar with his classmates and the school- its the same school he's been attending for preschool for the past 2 years.
"Mom, enough pictures! It's time for school!"
They just switched our school district to a 4-day week beginning this school year. So, Cooper will attend school Tuesday through Friday, with no school on Mondays. Unfortunately, kindergarten is all day. And with the 4-day week making it an extra long day, I've been worried about my little 5 year old having such a long day at school! School starts at 8:00 am and ends at 3:50 pm. If he were to ride the bus in the morning (he is one of the first kids on in the morning) he would get on at 6:40 am, arrive at the school at 7:45 and not get home until 4:10 pm. I decided that it was worth it to me to let him sleep an extra hour in the morning and drive him the 4 miles to school. He'll likely ride the bus home most days since he is one of the first off.
Poor Carson, though. He's been so excited to finally be old enough to go to preschool. Carson and Cooper stay up at night and talk about going to school together. Unfortunately for him they cancelled the 3-year old preschool class. It seriously broke my heart to tell him he couldn't go to school. He started crying and I tried to console him by telling him we could do our own school here at home. He seems to have accepted it, but he's certainly not happy about it. Poor little guy!


No comments:
Post a Comment